fpe Conference 2010
Proclamation: "Talking the Walk"
The Conference was held from 25th to 27th January.
The main speaker was Eric Delve, Vicar of St Luke’s Maidstone and long time member of FPE.
Though suffering from a bad cold, he inspired and blessed people with the opening passionate and excellent talk "To know Christ - the Magnetism of Jesus the Man". The same was true for the following two talks:
"The Power of His Resurrection - the Dynamic of the Holy Spirit" and "The Fellowship of His Suffering - the Heart of the Father"
Members of Conference said:
- Reawakened my rather dormant and shallow love for Jesus
- He was infectious.....loved his story telling - immerses himself and us directly into the passages.
- Excellent speaker - gave me new thoughts and inspiration
Sally Gaze, the Team Rector of Tas Valley, who attended with her husband, Chris, and small daughter, Katie, was an inspiration as she shared how she had developed the ministry in a rural Norfolk Team.
- Excellent - catalyst for my applying to come and was not disappointed.
- Nearly skipped because I am not rural - so glad I didn't. Lots of transferable food for thought.
- Excellent, light-hearted, theological, good practice, earthed. Exactly what FPE is about.
Di Woolridge put together an "Easter Experience" for us, and for many it was a "refreshing " and "wonderful experience" to reflect and think. Some are planning to reproduce it in their own parishes.
"Supermarket place" is an exchange of ideas, stories, testimonies and all the other things that those involved in evangelism might dream up. Always popular, we hope in due course to produce a list of some of the items shared and put into the members' section of the website.
The Conference ended with Communion which was led by (The Right Rev) Gavin Reid who has been a member of FPE since its beginning. "Wonderful service to finish the Conference - Very uplifting." "Brilliant end." "Very special." "You could feel a presence in the room." Gavin planned this conference as his "Nunc Dimittus" but we all hope that he will be back!